[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom 'very confident' about G7 CGM's upcoming FDA approval

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Oct 29 21:29:21 UTC 2022

It certainly would be nice if the price of Dexcom would come down. For many many years I did have to pay out-of-pocket for sensors as I started using them with Medtronic in 2006. Eventually insurance recognized them as a item that they really needed to cover but was slow in coming.  Historically it’s interesting that my previous commercial insurance through an employer covered the Medtronic sensors for a number of years but Medicare does not.  I think I read somewhere that the new Medtronic sensors coming out will be covered by Medicare because they will be approved to make treatment decisions without requiring fingersticks. This apparently was the hangup.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone