[Diabetes-Talk] New talking pump

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 07:12:01 UTC 2023

Gary,

No, the Tandem app does not give complete access to the pump. It does give a lot of very valuable status information about the pump that reads aloud quite nicely such as battery, insulin left, and glucose, insulin on board, current basal rate, Last bolus amount and whether it was standard set by the user or a control IQ questio correction and some other statistics about the pump. The visual graph which is on the screen does not read at all. The great thing, however is that the user can use the bolus tab to give a bolus entirely using voiceover from the app.  it reads aloud all of the calculations which factor in insulin on board and confirms that the delivery is being given. I am anxiously awaiting other features to become accessible. None of the other menu items on the pump for programming or site changes are accessible at all.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone