[Diabetes-Talk] Need information about accessible glucometers

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:06:41 UTC 2023

HI,

First, welcome to the list. You have come to the right place to discuss some
of your issues with managing diabetes.

You are looking for a glucometer and I suggest you get the Prodogy Voice.
After you get the meter, have your doctor refer you to a diabetes educator
to learn how to self test with this meter as it will be very helpful.

You don't mention if you are doing any kind of exercise and I suggest
starting with some form of exercise without having to spend a lot of money.
Walking is a good start.

Being that you say you have an iPhone see if you have the Health app and
enable the app to count your steps daily. You could also do some kind of
squatting to help blood circulation to your feet as blood to your feet is
needed to help as it is the fartherist part of your body from your heart and
it is a good practice to take care of your feet.

You should inquire if your pharmacy is aware of ScripTalk labelling for your
meds if you have no vision or can barely read the print on a prescription
bottle. There are other ways to identify your meds so ScripTalk is just one
way.

Feel free to chime in with your questions and you will get answers like
this.

Take care.