[Diabetes-Talk] get started

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Jun 16 22:01:25 UTC 2023

Yes, Dar.
You need to delete the G6 app. Then you need to go into the phone settings,
under blue tooth and make sure you tell it to forget the previous
transmitter. To make sure you're forgetting the right device, before you
ditch the G6 app, go into Dexcom's settings and read your transmitter
number. The number you'll see in settings is an abbreviated version of the
number, but you'll recognize it. With the G7, you'll need to do this every
time you change your sensor.
Installing the app is pretty straight forward. The nice thing is that you
can take your time playing with putting the sensor on your body. The sensor
has a screw cap on it. It's held on with an itty bitty piece of tape. Once
that piece of tape was off, I had to use my little silicon gripper to
unscrew that cap. It's on tight.  Once the cap is off, press that open end
against your body, where you want it to go. While holding it down, press the
big rubbery button. Then you can just pull the applicator away. Keep the
applicator if you haven't gotten the code yet. It is kind of cool that the
warm-up time starts right then so if it takes you awhile to deal with the
app to get it started, the warm-up is going on while you mess with the app.
Once you have learned where everything is, it's not that hard.
Now, we'll see what I write after tomorrow. Hahahaha! If they fix the stop
sensor button and the feble blue tooth, I'll be pretty happy.
Good luck.