[Diabetes-Talk] My Saturday night G7 adventure.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sun Jun 18 22:43:21 UTC 2023

Eileen, you had the same questions I did. Here's how it went for me. First,
the new sensor. It starts warming up the instant you put it in your body. It
doesn't have to be connected to the app at all. It just sits there and gets
used to your body. So when I take out the old one, then start the new one,
there's no down time. It's great.
So, when it came time to start the new sensor, I had just let mine expire. I
just removed the old one, went into my phone's blue tooth settings and told
it to forget the old transmitter.
Then I double-tapped on start sensor. The first thing it wants, just like
previous versions, is to enter the code. Just like in previous versions, you
have the choice of take picture or enter manually. So this time I chose take
picture. When I did, I was presented with a second take picture button. It
says to keep the arrow between the lines. Yeah right. I knew that the code
was on the opposite side of the applicator from the big rubber button.
What's nice here, thank you Dexcom for listening, is that it doesn't time
out as fast as the G6 does. I start guessing about distances and positions.
When it got it, it issued a pairing request. I wasn't sure I had gotten it
the first time so I hit the back button and did it again. But I never left
the G7 app.
I hope that explanation made sense.
As for the 780, interesting. I can't imagine how you'd charge the
transmitter at the end of a year unless you have to do without the CGM for
awhile. It will be interesting to see how all of these products evolve,
won't it.