[Diabetes-Talk] article about the artificial pancreas helping children by NIH

mdavisforalternatives at gmail.com mdavisforalternatives at gmail.com
Tue May 2 01:04:23 UTC 2023

Diabetes Talk Group:

Walter, I much agree that the DAN  organization is senior heavy and information provided may lean this way, and more power to those who do post, so thank you!
Some of us very much interested in this list serve, do still work so not at that inspired age of wisdom, yet and the desire to post is willing but not always able.

Like I said, very much appreciate people's input so I will do just that as I have some time for a bit.

The automated pumps and CGM's are also worn by some of us of middle age, or slightly above (laugh, laugh) for the exact same reasons that the younger generations are being encouraged, to lessen the complications in later years of the disease and also for the better quality of life from the control during each day.

And what can be looked at now, is called, the time in range for people wearing these systems.
Endo's have stated that the more times the blood sugars are within the range of, let's say, 75 to 160 (Time in Range or TIR), which is able to be collected on these pump systems, it is more benefitting for the diabetic than the  single result of the A1c which is taken once every 3 months; thus another reason for needing accessible pumps and CGM's.
I kind of think what might help this sight, is if everyone on this list serve could get more friends or interested parties to join this list serve not too mention, of course, the $10 to join DAN, Diabetic Action Network, than more information can be shared, more questions can be answered and concerns about their blindness and diabetes can be addressed as well.

I know it's not a lot, but have invited 2 people in the last few months and they keep saying, they are interested, so it's up to me to keep sincerely inviting them, knowing that they too would greatly benefit.

As I have said, I really like this sight and do appreciate the conversations that do transpire. So thanks to all of you who contribute😊

Best Wishes,
Mary
NFB, Accessible Insulin Pump Task Force member