[Diabetes-Talk] Meo Infusion Set Question...

etscrivani at verizon.net etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon May 8 14:32:29 UTC 2023

Hi All,

A silly question, but an important one. I just got a reorder on my Medtronic
pump supplies and I let my supply company send me 40" some odd long infusion
sets instead of the usual 30" some odd long ones that I have used forever.

Anyway, I opened the box this morning and much to my surprise they are quite
different than just a longer tube. The application device is different and
the tube is not automatically connected to it. I played with one set as
practice and see how tubing connects to the applicator and how to trigger
the injection process with these new Meos.

My problem with this is that I have always filled my reservoir, screwed it
onto the infusion set and then gone through a process for filling the tube.
In doing this I'd hold the canula over my hand and once I would feel insulin
dripping out I knew the process was complete. Now, with this new set up, I'm
not sure how to let insulin drip on my hand since the canula is in the
housing of the applicator. Help! Do any of you know how to complete the
filling of the tubing process with this type of Meo infusion set?

Thanks for any assistance.

Eileen