[Diabetes-Talk] Snacks

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:53:33 UTC 2023

Actually, Steve, you are on the right track!! Those are my snacks of choice, as well. I do a lot of string cheese, or, even regular cheese as I am a cheese freak from Wisconsin, originally. Not our very, very healthy!! Walnuts are actually top of the line. But, other nuts are quite good. Watch your portions, however. I also love my nuts and unfortunately, one of my downfalls is to eat and eat and eat!! So, I have to measure things out. I don't eat more than half a cup of nuts, if I am disciplined and well behaved.  I'm sure you know the drill. A piece of fruit will also go along, long way. But, be careful of fruit. Although it has natural sugars, many fruits are high in sugar content. Your dried fruits are some of the worst offenders.

Plain graham crackers are also not too high in sugar content. Be careful of the ones coated with cinnamon sugar. Just a few plain graham crackers will also do as a snack. I will also eat half a cup of cottage cheese for a snack as it is very good kidney food. I had read that years ago when I had a kidney ailment.

Happy snacking, Steve!!

Bern
Sent from my iPhone