[Diabetes-Talk] MiniMedtronic 780G App(s)?

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 02:16:15 UTC 2024

Eileen,
I was on Medtronic pumps for 25 years and never upgraded beyond my 723 pump as I found that the newer models up through the 780 were of no additional advantage to me than my current pump because of inaccessibility.  I, used that pump for seven years after the end of the warranty and a friend is actually currently still using that pump after his finally wore out.  I am currently using the tandem T slim X 2 pump with assistance from my husband as I really wanted to take advantage of the benefits of control IQ.  It is looking like 2024 may offer several choices for accessible insulin pumps including the Tandem Mobi, Omnipod, 5 with  iPhone app, and the newly announced Twist which is operated from an iPhone and uses the Tidepool loop algorithm.  My recent hands on experience with the Mobi made me feel that it was completely accessible for even a totally blind user. The  final test of course would be to actually have a live system connected to my body but they do have a three month trial for most of these pumps so it allows people to make the final determination as to whether it will work for them or not.
It was a difficult decision to change to a different brand of pump and leave Medtronic in my past, but I am so glad that I did it. A pump connected to a CGM offering automated insulin delivery has been so much better for me than a separate pump and sensor system.
Patricia.