[Diabetes-Talk] DAN Raffle with drawing on July 5

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 17:43:35 UTC 2024

How do you talk about a first and second prize when all three prizes are
first rate and each winner is a first prize winner? Imagine being the winner
of a robotic vacuum cleaner and for once being able to enjoy watching
someone do your work without feeling guilt! Of course, then there is the
Amazon player that can play your favorite music, keep you up-to-date on the
news using whatever new source you wish, and even control the vacuum cleaner
should you be lucky enough to win both of them. And, yes, there is more: You
may be the winner of a Sound Core water proof speaker by Anchor that
features two light rings and 12 hours of playtime.

As wonderful as these prizes are, the best benefit is what you are doing for
blind people who get a new lease on life every time our division helps make
some product more accessible or lets a blind person know that something they
thought would take vision to operate is independently usable by a blind
person. Think about the value of your donation in establishing and
maintaining relationships with companies so that when they design products,
those products are already usable nonvisually. Your donation will, for many
blind people, quite literally make the difference between whether they go
into a care facility or remain at home as independently functioning human
beings. Lastly, your donation not only will determine the quality of one's
life but the length of it, because the better one manages diabetes, the
longer they have to live.

Each chance to win costs $5. You can send payment to us via Zelle at NFB
4114 at gmail.com <mailto:4114 at gmail.com> . You can use PayPal and send us a
payment at nfb4114 at gmail.com <mailto:nfb4114 at gmail.com> . You can send a
check made payable to the Diabetes Action Network to our treasurer, Danielle
McCann, 113 Wells Ave, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. Winners will be drawn on
Friday, July 5 at the annual meeting of the division. Please be sure to send
us your name and phone number so that we can notify you if you win. Best of
luck and thank you for your support!