[Diabetes-Talk] Agenda

Debbie Wunder debbiewunder at charter.net
Sat Jun 29 04:48:34 UTC 2024

Agenda

National Federation of the Blind

Diabetes Action Network

July 5, 2024

Salon 10

Welcome to the Diabetes Action Network, where we encourage you to come from
1 to 5. There will be time for you to register and make a friend.

1:00 to 1:25 Registration

1:25 to 1:30 Welcome from our president: Debbie Wunder

1:30 to 1:50 Our Centers are for People with Diabetes too: Pam Allen,
Director, Louisiana Center for the blind; Julie Deden, Director, Colorado
Center for the Blind

1:50 to 2:00 Progress in Pennsylvania, a Promise Fulfilled: Christine
Palmer, Coordinator of the Pennsylvania Diabetes Group

2:00 to 2:20 Yes I am Diabetic and Living the Life I want: Maureen Nietfeld,
Director of Student Services, Colorado Center for the Blind

2:20 to 3:00 My Story with Diabetes: Liz Moyer, Industrial Arts Manager,
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland

3:00 to 3:15 Accessible Diabetes Devices Working Group: Anil Lewis, Second
Vice President, Diabetes Action Network

3:15 to 3:30 My Journey with Diabetes: Sherry Shirek, NFB Member, National
Federation of the Blind

3:30 to 3:45 Why I am a Member of the Diabetes Action Network: Mark Feliz,
board of directors, Diabetes Action Network

3:45 to 3:50 Supporting the Programs of the Division with our 50-50 Raffle:
Danielle McCann, Treasurer, Diabetes Action Network

3:45 to 3:55 The Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act - a Report on
Our Progress and What We Do Now: Justin Young, Advocacy and Policy, National
Federation of the Blind

3:55 to 4:10 Defining the Term Accessibility and the Value of being
Specific: Gary Wunder, board member, Diabetes Action Network

4:10 to 4:25 Election of Officers

4:25 to 4:35 Old Business from the Floor

4:35 to 4:55 New Business from the Floor

5:00 Adjourn