[Diabetes-Talk] Help With Dexcomg7

lfitz50 at gmail.com lfitz50 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:24:15 UTC 2026


Hello Eric, I have my iPhone 16 set up so I can just ask siri !what is my blood sugar! And it works.  Let me think about how I set it up and I'll call you and try to help you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Eric Clegg via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2026 6:45 PM
To: Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Eric Clegg <ewclegg at outlook.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Help With Dexcomg7

Hello listers,
I have been a diabetic since 1999.

Recently I had help from my local blindness agency here in Sacramento install an app for dexcomg7 on my old iPhone.

Supposedly I can now ask Siri what is my glucose and she will give me the reading.

I recently installed a new sensor on my arm and now Siri just says your sensor reading is not available.

I have no idea how to fix this problem.

In fact I now cannot report my blood sugar readings to Kaiser.
I usually have to get sighted help to install the sensor onmy arm and have Voice over turned off while the adjustment from the sensor to the app is made.

This disease and now that I cannot check my blood sugar makes me very angry.

There is no decent iPhone training available here in Sacramento.

I have apps that I'd like to get to such as Fox News and many others.

I also have notifications and other stuff that I'd like to delete.

I have no idea how to do that either.

Other friends say I should get one of those Blind Shell phones.

I don't want one because I cannot check my glucose levels with that brand of phone.

I am reluctant to try another sensor since I have no idea why the one I installed last Friday doesn't work.

I used to use a Talking prodigy meter but am reluctant to keep pricking my finger.

Also if  your readings are really hight the Prodigy is useless and will not give you a correct reading.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am a retired state of California employee.

I can be reached by phone at:

(916) 444-3158

Best,

Eric Clegg

_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/lfitz50%40gmail.com



More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list