[Diabetes-Talk] Anyone Used the MiniMed Package Yet, All Controlled by Your Phone?

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 23:59:01 UTC 2026


Thanks for sharing the podcast link. I like to have my ear on what is 
going on out there so I know when to ask questions.
Cindy

On 8/11/2026 6:13 PM, Patricia Maddix via Diabetes-Talk wrote:
> I also would be interested if anyone has tried out this new pump. It 
> is called.Flex  by Minimed and is about half the size of their 780 
> pump. It is shaped sort of like a wide highlighter pen, but is a bit 
> flat on the top and the bottom. It is controlled entirely from the 
> phone and has no screen directly on the pump. The August 3 episode 
> of.Diabetech podcast talks about this new AID system. I will attempt 
> to paste a link to the podcast below. Don’t know if the app is 
> completely or partially voiceover compatible which is the big question 
> for people who are blind. today’s episode of Diabetes Connections 
> podcast. Also interviews someone from Minimed discussing this new 
> system, and I will also attempt to paste a link to that below.
> Patricia.
>
> preview.png 
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetech-diabetes-tech-research-news/id1685551028?i=1000779677324> 
> 	
> MiniMed Flex So Far - Speaking with Users 
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetech-diabetes-tech-research-news/id1685551028?i=1000779677324>
> Diabetech - Diabetes Tech, Research, News · August 3, 2026 
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetech-diabetes-tech-research-news/id1685551028?i=1000779677324>
>
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetech-diabetes-tech-research-news/id1685551028?i=1000779677324>
>
>
>
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetes-connections-type-1-diabetes/id1006168716?i=1000782630883> 
> 	
> Inside the new Flex Pump - and what's coming next from MiniMed with 
> Chief Technology Officer Ali Dianaty 
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetes-connections-type-1-diabetes/id1006168716?i=1000782630883>
> Diabetes Connections | Type 1 Diabetes · August 11, 2026 
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetes-connections-type-1-diabetes/id1006168716?i=1000782630883>
>
> <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diabetes-connections-type-1-diabetes/id1006168716?i=1000782630883>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 11, 2026, at 1:39 PM, everett everettgavel.com via 
>> Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My wife and I just read something on the MiniMed site that talked 
>> about a package or set, I don't remember exactly how it was worded 
>> right now, but it made it sound like a whole setup controlled by the 
>> phone. If you know what I'm talking about, have you tried it yet? It 
>> sounded like it was a package or set, and I remember thinking they 
>> meant the pump and the sensors, and all done by your phone. We were 
>> looking for something else and didn't make the time to look further 
>> at that time. But I wanted to mention it here to help give hope to 
>> those who don't yet know, and ask if anyone here might already be 
>> involved in this scenario? It sounded great, just from that headline 
>> I read. But it might just be hopeful marketing, I know. Anyone know 
>> more?
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Everett
>> In Colorado Springs, USA
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Diabetes-Talk mailing list
>> Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
>> Diabetes-Talk:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/pmaddix%40comcast.net
>
> _______________________________________________
> Diabetes-Talk mailing list
> Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/slerythema%40gmail.com


More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list