[DSM-Iowa] How To Find Your Legislator

Michael Barber m.barber817 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:58:40 UTC 2019

Good morning all:  If you were at this past Saturday’s Des Moines Chapter meeting  of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa, you will recall a brief discussion concerning how to find your Legislator took place.  As a reminder, here is the link to the Iowa General Assembly website:  HTTP://www.legis.iowa.gov. After this page appears, go to the “Find Your Legislator” link where you will then select your Senator and Representative.  You may search by zip code or address and you will then find the information you’re looking for.

As of today, there is so far no bill number in either the House or the Senate regarding the Education spending.  I do know that the Senate is proposing an increase of $48 million for education spending and the House is proposing an additional $34 million for education.

Also, recall that the Governor is recommending an additional approximately $80,000 for IDB which would be used for an additional field staff employee to help reach more older blind clients so they can be rehabilitated and  so they can remain in their homes independently instead of being relegated to a care facility.

I urge you strongly to contact your legislators as soon as possible and ask them to support the Governor’s recommendation for IDB.

If you have trouble doing this, or have any questions, please contact me at m.barber817 at gmail.com or by telephone at (515) 284-1569.

Thank you for your hard work.

Cordially,
Michael D. Barber