[DSM-Iowa] August update and replying to DSM testing

Michael Harvey mharvey at nfbi.org
Sun Aug 9 00:15:06 UTC 2020

If Joe got one of these, he should be getting them all now. Something I would like to ask of you all, please put your name at the bottom of your email and if you want any contact info listed, please put it there.
Mine has it because it is part of my NFB signature, but if you don't put your name at the end as if you were writing a letter, we may not know who wrote it. keeping this in mind will allow people to more easily direct their response to the author of the message. Thanks a bunch.
Today was the final day for LEAP, and Logan Lee graduated from high school today, yet we still had 25 or so attend our August meeting. $122 was raised in the 50/50 and someone won half of that. We also were able to go back and make good on our 1 free raffle ticket in ones birthday month for the 3 summer months, so we still have 3 more to make up for so  hopefully if our raffle does well again, we can cover the spring months along with September.
We are happy to welcome Sara Coleman and Craig Deichman to our federation family. Mary McGhee has come back to the chapter as well, and we are happy that she was in our number today.
Stayed tuned for more info about accesible voting issues, and what we can do as a chapter to support efforts to gain equal access to absentee voting rights. Scott Van Gorp continues to send important issues to our list and the state list. There is definitely work to be done in the federation.
we will most likely meet virtually only September 12 at 2:00 PM. If anything changes and an in-person meeting is possible, we will advise through this list, but I would plan on virtuallly meeting for now until further notice. Lastly, if anyone has ideas for community service, fund raising, or meet the blind month activities that they would like to see us consider as a chapter, please reach out to me directly or through this list.

Best,

Mike Harvey, President
Des Moines Chapter
615-554-0695
Email: mharvey at nfbi.org
Website: www.nfbi.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa
Des Moines Chapter Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindofiowadsm
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.