[DSM-Iowa] National Convention updates

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Wed Jul 8 23:39:38 UTC 2020

Good Evening Federation Family:

I've got a few convention updates, so hang in there with me!

First, the registration numbers are in!  7,251 people have registered for
this year's convention, and 72 are from Iowa! Thanks to all of you who
registered, and continue to look for separate communications pertaining to
what your registration has in store for you!

Second, the agenda is now out in multiple formats. Currently we have them
available in html, word, and brf. An ics version will be coming soon, and
there will be more information about an exciting way to access it from the
same platform that is being used for the virtual exhibit hall. More
information can be found at

http://www.nfb.org/convention

Please continue to watch that page for the latest updates!

Finally, the last thing I have regarding national convention for the time
being concerns the Iowa affiliate caucus. Our caucus is scheduled from
10:15AM central or shortly after the morning session ends whichever is later
on Friday, July 17. I have it currently scheduled through 11:30 AM central
but do realize we could go a bit later. We do need to try and finish up by
12PM so that people can get to the afternoon session. I'll send out a Zoom
invite later, and we'll be using our affiliate Zoom. In addition to checking
in on everyone's convention experience, we'll be going through the
resolutions passed by the Resolutions committee the night before so that I
can get a sense of where the affiliate is at in case we need to go through a
roll call vote from the delegates. This will likely be the only time I have
to connect with people on this, so please be prepared to read the
resolutions ahead of time once they're posted since it is expected there
could be a good number of them. I'll send out more information later on how
people can get in touch with me directly for any urgent issues that come up
regarding resolutions or anything else.

I know I've packed a lot of information in here, and there's still a lot
more coming. Please feel free to reach out if there are any questions!

Scott Van Gorp, President
Phone: 515-720-5282
 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.