[DSM-Iowa] Washington Seminar Updates!

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Jan 7 04:16:03 UTC 2021

Good Evening Federation Family:

The time has come to start preparing for this year's Washington Seminar
February 8 through 11. We will be receiving more information about this
year's legislative priorities very soon, likely in the next couple of days.
There are just a few things to know ahead of that announcement.

*	This year's event will be completely virtual with the Great
Gathering In taking place on Monday, February 8, at 4PM central time.
*	This is a unique opportunity to get as many people in front of
Iowa's congressional delegation as possible. If you are interested in
speaking during meetings or other logistics during the week, please get with
me as soon as possible so that we can start to coordinate.
*	We need to get representation from each of our congressional
districts if possible, so we may be splitting up groups depending on our
meeting schedule.
*	There will likely be other events throughout the week for all of us
to attend, so stay tuned for those. This would include a training on
February 8 before the Great Gathering in to solidify our work on the issues,
so definitely be ready for that!
*	I as this year's legislative director, and Chelsea Page as
co-director and Zoom coordinator will be involved in some trainings put on
by the National organization, but we will be hosting our own trainings to
bring our affiliate up to speed on the issues and get everyone ready for
presentations, so stayed tuned for information on mock meetings, the
breakdown of issues, and more!

There will likely be more work to be done behind the scenes, so if you're
interested in helping with that, please reach out and I'll find a spot for
you!

I'm really looking forward to the opportunities this year's Washington
Seminar is providing. We have the wonderful chance to make this the best
week ever! We may not be meeting in person with our Congressional
delegation, but that will not stop us from our work to advance the cause of
the blind. Let's take our issues to Washington D.C. virtually, and let's go
build the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa along the way!

Scott Van Gorp, President
Phone: 515-720-5282
 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.