[DSM-Iowa] March 13 Des Moines chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa meeting agenda.

Enrique Mejia emejia at nfbi.org
Tue Mar 9 01:54:59 UTC 2021

March 13 Des Moines Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa Agenda.

Birthdays.
Below this email I will try to include important dates to remember. This can include people's birthdays if they wish to share with the rest of the chapter. If you would like to share your birthday, please send it to me at emejia at nfbi.org.

Meeting info:
Topic: March Des Moines Chapter meeting
Time: Mar 13, 2021 02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/7941099792?pwd=UHRXTEZLamFoNzA1djg1dEdpQVl3UT09

Meeting ID: 794 109 9792
Passcode: 6324692
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,7941099792# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 794 109 9792

Gladness, or sorrow.
If you would like to share something good that happened in your life or would like to share a sorrow that you have experienced, please let me know as soon as you can, preferably at least a week in advance of our meetings if possible, so that I can set aside time for you on the agenda. I think in these times when we feel the distance it is important to be able to share these moments with our federation family. Please note that we may not always be able to set time aside for everyone. so, in the event that we get a lot of things to share we will unfortunately need to move them to the following month.

Agenda.

2:00pm
Call to order.
Pledges.
Ice breaker.
Please come prepared to share with us the following.
Your name, and sequential number.
What book are you currently reading?/What was the last thing you read.

2:20pm
Joys and Sorrow

Secretary’s report
Treasurers report
2:30pm
Welcome package for new Orientation Center students.
As you guys may know, students have officially moved into their new apartments on the south side of town. Just across the river from the baseball stadium. Cindy and I propose that a welcome package for students be created. This would include some NFB literature, and contact info.

3:00pm
Committees.

3:30
50/50 Winner.
Presidential release.
Adjourn meeting.

February Minutes, Des Moines Chapter National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Call to Order at 2:09 p.m.

Pledges were recited.

33 people were present.

Secretary's Report Dave Hammel moved to accept the Secretary's Report. Helen Stevens seconded the motion. The motion carried.

Treasurer's Report The reporting period was 12/31-1/31. Beginning Balance $2,124.77 Ending Balance $2,209.77 Terri Wilcox moved to accept the Treasurer's Report. Mike Barber seconded the motion. The motion carried.

Kathryn Webster spoke on training by RAINN and reviewing the Code of Conduct. Contact the task force by emailing survivors at nfb.org.

Washington Seminar Recap
This was the first virtual Washington Seminar. Many people participated in most if not all meetings.

Jim Rechkemmer spoke about the Friends of the Library. The Friends of the Library Challenge has 16 days. Money was collected so that if 50 new members joined, the Friends Board would give an extra thousand dollars to the Friends of the Library.

National Convention will be virtual this year. Registration starts March 1.

The 50/50 prize went to Enrique Mejia.

Presidential Release 502 was played.

Helen Stevens moved to adjourn the meeting. Cindy Ray seconded the motion.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:17.

Respectfully Submitted, Terri Wilcox, Secretary, Des Moines Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Resources

RAINN
Phone:8006564673
Rainn.org
NFB Survivors taskforce
Nfb.org/survivors
survivors at nfb.org
Phone: 4106599314 extension 2238

 Important Dates
March
March 13th Des Moines chapter meeting
April
 April 10 Des Moines Chapter meeting
May
May 8th Des Moines Chapter meeting.
June
June 12th Des Moines Chapter meeting.

August 14th Des Moines Chapter meeting.

September 11th  Des Moines Chapter meeting.

October 9th Des Moines Chapter meeting.

November 13th Des Moines Chapter meeting

November 16 Enrique Mejia birthdate

December 11th Potential Christmas party/ Chapter meeting.

Enrique Mejia, NOMC
President National Federation of the Blind of Iowa Des Moines Chapter
Phone: 805-890-4316
Email: emejia at nfbi.org
Website: www.nfbi.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.