[DSM-Iowa] reminders

Becky Young byoung at nfbi.org
Mon Oct 9 11:57:05 UTC 2023

Good early morning,
I just wanted to remind all of you that we will be having our monthly meeting on Saturday October 14th, at 2:00 P.M. John Gonzalez will be bringing the refreshments. Also, the next big event on our agenda will be our Christmas party. The tickets will be $20 per person. Sharon needs to know by November 30th who is coming, and if you are paying for a student or someone else she will also need to know at that time. David Hamel will be taking payments for the tickets by check or cash. If you would like to wait until the day of the Christmas party to pay, that is fine, but it is important to let Sharon know by the 30th of November, or you won’t be on the list. The party will be held on December 9th. I will send out the time once I have confirmed with IDB. Also, it is time to start paying dues for 2024. If they aren’t paid by December 31st, you will not be able to vote in the 2024 election of officers and board members.
I have chosen a chairman for the nominating committee. If you are interested in running for office, or a position on the board, please contact Barbara Hamel off list, That means do not reply to this email. Her contact information is poetlori8 at msn.com cell, 515-423-8083 If you are a current officer or member of the board and you wish to run again, you will need to let Barbara know that as well.
More information will be coming soon.

Becky Young, President
National Federation of the Blind of Iowa, Des Moines
Phone: 515-553-9270
Email
Website
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.