[Dtb-talk] Question from a new subscriber: Anyone working withthePlextalk PTP1?

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Dec 19 04:34:42 UTC 2008

Jim:

I would agree with the positive things you say.  The things I don't
like about the Pocket are that its response to button pushes,
navigating in a DAISY book etc., seem to be a bit sluggish, when
changing things in the menu system you are exited from the menu after
making a change so if you want to do other things you have to go back
in.  Finally, the "time scale modification" that is the stuff that
allows one to keep the pitch the same as a human voice reading is
sped up isn't very good.  As you increase the speed up, the
distortion increases noticeably until it sounds terrible.  For me
this is a deal-breaker as I do lots of pleasure reading and want to
speed up as much as possible.

Dave