[Dtb-talk] issues with using victor stream

Sherrie Gosling sillygoose4 at charter.net
Tue Nov 4 22:45:59 UTC 2008

Hello,
Using the Stream Companion software there are even fewer steps since
you do not have to unzip the files  at all.
1. Download the book and remember where you put it.
2.Put SD card in computer or plug in cord from Stream.
3.Open Stream Companion 2 and be sure the box for "include zip files"
is checked.
4. The first time you need to navigate to where your books are
stored. This is a standard navigation dialog.
5. Arrow down the list of available books and press space bar for the
ones you want.
6. Press enter on "Transfer books"
  You're done.

One of the other things I love about the Stream Companion is that it
will tell you how much space is left on  your card  before and after
the transfer.  If you are using a smaller SD card this is important.
Another great benefit is that by switching to the  Music tab you can
create playlists very simply from the music folder.

The third thing I really like is that it reminds you to use  the
safely remove hardware function.  I ruined a few SD cards at the
beginning by forgetting this step.
Can you tell that I adore my Stream and never leave home without
it?  If something should happen to it I would purchase a new one in a
heartbeat.
A few  unusual uses for the Stream follow:
Since I am into healthy eating I use the text folder to keep lists of
Weight Watcher point lists for a large variety of restaurants so when
I am out I can check on what is the healthiest choice at a particular
restaurant.
I also keep all my addresses and phone numbers in the text folder.
I have also stored Mapquest directions there so I can be the
navigator on car trips.

In Other Books I keep converted cassettes of my kids and grandkids
when they were little and I love listening to their little voices
from long ago.

And I always take the Stream with me to take notes if I need to
remember something.

Hope this helps,
Sherrie