[Dtb-talk] issues with using victor stream

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 16:55:13 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,

It is probably a reflection on my lack of teaching skills, but I encounter
some  people who cannot easily grasp the complicated relations between the
internet, Windows file management, unpacking or unzipping the book and the
Victor file management structure.  You and I understand this because we have
been doing it for years and have some aptitude or geekish interest in this
stuff.  Some people, believe it or not, have little interest in the arcane
process of computer systems and only want to listen to a book.  They have
spent $300 on the Stream and are frustrated because they are having
difficulty using it.  They sometimes feel humiliated by their difficulty,
which is not, in my opinion, their fault.

I would welcome a better way to present the technology that would work for
people who are frustrated.  I am trying and feeling bad that I cannot always
succeed.  As I said earlier, it is probably my lack of teaching skill, not
the student.  All suggestions are welcome, jeering or not, but beware, I
bruise easily.  (smile)

Warm Regards,

Fred