[Dtb-talk] [macvoiceover] Re: Olearia first public release (version 0.90b)

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:09:56 UTC 2008

An important note: Olearia, and for that matter no other software
based player, can not play NLS books. THis is due to the NLS refusing
to approve software players to have access to their encryption.

We are working with RFB&D to be able to ply their encrypted books and
expect a solution to that soon.

If you are bothered by the NLS restriction on playback of their books
I would urge you to contact your representatives in congress.

Greg Kearney
Curtin University Centre for Accessible Technology
www.cucat.org