[Dtb-talk] A Baffling Problem

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Apr 1 00:36:15 UTC 2009

I have downloaded several books recently from the digital talking book site.
There are several downloaded at different times.  Last night, using the
Stream companion software, I installed the books on my Stream.  When I
opened many of them, I received the message that I was not authorized to
read the book.  The Stream companion software stated that the books were
installed successfully.  When they didn't work, I deleted them from my
stream and installed them again using the stream companion software and
have, again, received the same message.  What is even more strange is that
one of the books I downloaded, I chose by mistake as I had already just read
it.  Now, I am told I do not have the approval to read the book.  If I had
downloaded the books from the dtb site all on the same day, I could,
perhaps, understand the problem.  But, I didn't.  And, now, if I delete them
all from my computer and go back to the site, those downloads will count a
second time, thus, decreasing the number of new books I can download in the
next 30 days.  And, that doesn't seem quite right.  Does anyone have any
ideas as to the probmems I might be having and what I should do about them?
Thank you.