[Dtb-talk] Greg Kearney's new job

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:48:41 UTC 2009

As many of you know I was looking for work for the last few months,
well I am happy to announce that I have secured employment. I have
accepted the position of Manager of Accessible Technology at the
Association for the Blind of Western Australia in Perth and will start
immediately working form the U.S. while I await the clearance to enter
and work in Australia.

You can think of my job as the Western Australian version of what
Andrew Furlong does in Melbourne with Vision Australia. I will oversee
the conversion of the tape library to DAISY format,  help to manage
the Beyond Books Beyond Barriers project for ABWA and the State
Library of Western Australia (www.cucat.org/library/ and work in other
areas of accessible media. I will also have a more formal position
with Curtin University and the Curtin University Centre for Accessible
Technology working on research and development of accessible technology.

My wife, Tamara, will be working with me at ABWA developing a training
programme for blind massage therapists and in braille production.

I want to thank all of you for your help and suggestions over these
last few months. I look forward to working more closely with the Daisy
Consortium in the future.

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney at gmail.com