[Dtb-talk] DTB Here and There

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:34:56 UTC 2009

Steve,

All of NLS's DTB's are in fact fully compliant 2005 DAISY books.  They are
not full-text, full-audio DAISY.  They are not completely marked up in all
cases.  For example, many of the older books are not marked up in any way
other than beginning of book mark.  Newer books are at least marked up for
easier navigation.  None of the books are marked up with pagination info.
However they are  most certainly DAISY.  The other thing we need to keep in
mind that NLS uses a  DRM scheme for the US market due to their
interpretation of what their requirements are.  What you may have noticed or
been told is NLS possibly giving RNIB access to the original DAISY without
the DRM.

Regards,

Pratik