[Dtb-talk] Braille Monitor in Daisy format

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Thu May 7 04:07:37 UTC 2009

That's right I work on Macs so I use Apple Alex. The issue with most
TTS voices of any kind of quality is that they are restricted by
licenses fees which we are not willing or able to pay. Apple has
released their voices for free use in the production of digital
talking books, they are of a high quality and free so that is what we
use.

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney at gmail.com