[Dtb-talk] NFB 2009 as text only DAISY

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue May 26 04:00:38 UTC 2009

Finally a chance to play with Olearia 0.9.5.1 using this agenda.
(All of my books are text-only or DRM-restricted, so the last public
release hasn't been something I could easily test.)

First, one comment on the book itself:  Alex seems to be reading the
times in ways such as "nine hundred em", which is something I can
figure out, but that could be a source formatting issue.

Secondly, Olearia seems to be playing the files back with an echo.  I
threw afplay and mplayer at a couple of the mp3 files to see if it
was an Olearia thing, a QuickTime thing, or the source mp3.  Neither
afplay nor mplayer have the echo, so it seems to be Olearia.  The
echo got a lot worse when I started playing with speed controls.
Ticket submitted.

Noteworthy, I could not crash Olearia by poking at various controls.
I did make a valiant attempt to do so.  *grin*  I'll feed it
malformed books another day.

Joseph