[Dtb-talk] Digital talking book production services at ABWA

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:41:53 UTC 2009

The Association for the Blind of Western Australia is able to offer digital talking book production and conversion services.

Below are the rates in U.S. dollars:

User supplied narration, files at  the lowest navigation level: US$3.00 per page.
For example if you wished to have page number navigation then each page would need to be a separate recording.

User supplied narration where we must split files at non page navigation points: US$8.00 per page

User supplied narration where we mark page numbers: US$ 10.00 per page
(note that the NLS players do not support page number navigation.)

Text to speech processing of word processing (MSWord, OpenOffice, RTF, or text) files: US$ 5.00 per page

Creation of alternate and caption text for images US$ 10.00 per image

Conversion of tapes to DAISY digital talking book format US$20 per tape with tape side navigation.

Please feel free to contact me about other services or special requests such as human narration in our studios, production of math, Braille and large print. We can reduce prices for works which are suitable for inclusion in our library.

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney at gmail.com