[Dtb-talk] Need Recommendations: Book for Demo at Tech Fair

Ogami, Sam sogami at calstate.edu
Fri Apr 2 15:53:28 UTC 2010

Hello Tina,

I would recommend if possible having both the physical book and the DAISY book when demonstrating DAISY playback. Having both a physical book and the DTB is a powerful way to show how the navigation in DAISY is an essential feature for students or anyone. Books like Harry Potter are well marked up from RFB&D and Bookshare.  I would also look for a good textbook example.  One textbook that I have used before is Automotive Service: Inspection, Maintenance & Repair 2nd edition by Tim Gilles, RFB&D Shelf Number:  GX206, as this book was used at the college that I worked at and is well marked up by RFB&D.

Hope this is helpful,

Sam Ogami
Accessible Technology Expert
CSU Office of the Chancellor