[Dtb-talk] nls player questions

Flint Million fmillion at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 18:27:20 UTC 2010

Flash card readers actually can be used, however most of them do not
support USB suspend, as I wrote in my previous posting. I've had luck
placing the options.xml file on the flash media (e.g. an SD card) and
then using it on the NLS player via a card reader. Again, card reader
"support" is as diverse as flsah drive support, so you'll have to just
give it a try to see if it works. The advantage of card readers is
obviously that if a card reader doesn't work, you can always find
another one that does and still use all your SD cards and so on.

I picked up a MicroSD card that came with a really tiny USB adapter,
and it works great in my player after adding the options.xml file to
the microSD card. I got it at Target, it's a Dane-Elec brand if
anyone's curious.

Flint