[Dtb-talk] converting Victor Reader Stream Note files

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 18 23:24:28 UTC 2010

There are a couple reasons to use the 3GP files, which are from the
codec AMRWB Plus.  First, that is what NLS uses for its books, and
secondly, the codec provides high quality voice files at a limited
bandwidth.  The NLS books, for example, are recorded at 24KPBS and
are of higher quality than a 48KBPS MP3 file.

Dave