[Dtb-talk] downloading books

Burke, Dan (DSS) burke at mso.umt.edu
Mon Jan 11 16:09:40 UTC 2010

If you are being asked to "Open" or "Save" the documents when you click
on the download link of your RFBD download page, then you haven't
properly installed the RFBD Downloader utility.  This link is at the top
of the My Downloads page.

When you get the thing to work properly, you won't be prompted to open
or save.  It will just start to download.  But there is a trick to watch
out for.

RFBD's Downloader creates two different folders:

* RFBD Downloads

And

*	RFBD Media Files

Despite the intuitive desire to open the RFBD Downloads folder, don't
bother.  In it are lots of zipped up files that are then unzipped into
the RFBD Media files.

So go to the RFBD Media Files folder in My Documents to find your books.
You book will be listed by its product number something like ...
DLXQ777.  For the Stream, you just copy that entire file over to the
$VRDBT folder and paste it.  You can change the folder name if you want,
but it won't make any difference to the Stream.  And if the book has
more than one CD, they will all be in the DLXQ777 folder, and will be
recognized by the Stream.

Good luck,

Dan

Daniel J. Burke