[Dtb-talk] A question about preferred book formatting

Jeff Samco jsamco at jps.net
Fri Jan 29 04:41:40 UTC 2010

I know when I use the PRS - PlexTalk Recording Software - to convert
audio into Daisy books I am able to set automatic heading level
creation based on amount of audio silence. Several times I have
intentionally set the silence a bit lower than I think is necessary
to make certain I capture headings at the typical silence coinciding
with chapter breaks. Then it is quite easy to go through the book
headings and just remove the unnecessary headings.
A similar approach is to convert the audio into a single MP3 file.
Then you can more easily experiment through audio import through the
PRS with different lengths of silence for automatic generation of
chapter headings.
HTH,
Jeff