[Dtb-talk] A question about preferred book formatting

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 14:40:13 UTC 2010

Hello Greg,

Absolutely, when possible, we should have divisions in books as parts,
chapters etc.  Sometimes I listen to a book on more than one device, my
Victor Reader Stream or my NLS (National Library Service_ player.  Markers
for these books aren't compatible with both devices since the markers occur
within the device itself.  If I have chapters marked up, I can copy the book
on a thumb drive or cartridge for the player, find the desired chapter and
start reading especially from the beginning of a chapter.  I of course
realize it isn't always practical to conveniently provide divisions in all
daisy books.  When reading a book without divisions of parts, chapters etc,
I place a book mark at the beginning of a chapter as I read.  If I lose my
place, I can go to the book mark and have a starting place for finding where
I left off, otherwise, I have to do much forwarding or jumping through a
book to sneak up on where I left off.

I therefore say if divisions can be established in a book, please do so!

I recently got an NLS player, the deluxe model and have been reading with a
Victor Stream for a few months now!  I'm really enjoying the digital books!
I'm also new to the list and this is my first post!

Jim