[Dtb-talk] ABWA USB NLS drive attachment prototype

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 03:36:55 UTC 2010

Some of you may be interested in this item which we are developing down here. It is an USB NLS drive attachment for a computer or hardware DAISY player.

We were concerned about elderly or physically disabled people having trouble connecting our NLS USB drives to devices with a standard USB cable and so came up with this where the drive only will go in one way. The other end has a standard USB connector. The bottom of the unit is fitted with a non-slip surface.

The images below are of the prototype unit. Finished one would be made from plastic.

I will have one of these with me at the NFB convention in Dallas if anyone is interested in it.

Photograph showing the Association for the Blind of Western Australia developed USB NLS drive attachment and NLS drive.

Photograph showing the Association for the Blind of Western Australia developed USB NLS drive attachment with the  NLS drive inserted.