[Dtb-talk] bookshare vs. nls

Flint Million fmillion at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:27:00 UTC 2010

I forgot to mention that NLS is now getting permission to simply adapt
existing commercial audiobooks, which is actually a nice thing for us
blind folks. They take the commercial CD book, encrypt it and insert
DAISY markers, and distribute it to us. Saves them the effort of the
volunteer reading, which is really nice. And in some cases, commercial
books are already nicely arranged for them (e.g. each CD track is one
chapter)

FM