[Dtb-talk] digital talking book players?

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Wed Mar 31 04:38:43 UTC 2010

I can answer the last question. If you have the most recent version of the
software, all you need to do is hold down the "play" key for a few seconds
and the bookshelf list will be available to you. If you don't have the most
recent software, (and I forget how to tell if your version is the latest),
you can download it from the NLS DTB web site. You download the most current
software to the root directory of your flash drive, turn on your player with
no drive in it, insert the drive. If your version is already the latest,
nothing will happen. If it isn't, the player will tell you that it is
updating the firmware and warn you not to power off until the process is
completed. Once the update has finished, the machine will shut itself off
and then turn on again. Then you will be able to press the "play" key for a
few seconds and cycle through your list of books using the fast forward and
rewind arrows.
I did it, so it's not a difficult process. I, too, am wondering about
BookShare and RFB&D books.