[Dtb-talk] Bookshare.org, internet archive and other automated DAISY production

Burke, Dan (DSS) burke at mso.umt.edu
Wed May 12 20:24:54 UTC 2010

Well Pete -

I wouldn't say Bookshare titles are a practical joke at all.  We need to
move ahead as Jim B. said -- improving the quality and navigability at
the same time pulling as much content as we can into the realm of
accessible content.  By its volume in such a short time, Bookshare has
completely transformed the playing field in my view.  And yes, I've
gotten spoiled and more particular and want to see quality improved for
Daisy output from whatever the source, but I also know that Bookshare is
working on that.  And it's still the first place I go to see if a title
is in an accessible format already.  In other words, it's my first
choice, no matter the navigation deficits.

Dan

Dan Burke
Assistant Director/Assistive Technology Coordinator

Disability Services for Studentstss
The University of Montana
Emma B. Lommasson Center 154
Missoula, MT 59812