[Dtb-talk] iPhone/iPad/iPod touch NLS Playback question

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Mon May 17 01:18:40 UTC 2010

It would be done just as HumanWare does it now. With the Stream you contact HumanWare who then verifies your status with the NLS and then sends back to you the authorisation key for your Stream. Anyone can buy a stream but only NLS users can get the key to play NLS books in one.

In the case of the iPhone you would contact us, we would verify they user with the NLS the same way HumanWare does and send back to you the authorisation key tied to your particular phone. In theory anyway it would be possible to have the phone check on occasion to make sure the key was still authorised by the NLS for use and deactivate it if it was not.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com