[Dtb-talk] Changes to ABWA library website

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 06:39:42 UTC 2010

In seeking to make the Beyond Books Beyond Barriers library website of the Association for the Blind of Western Australia more user friendly we have made the following changes:

1. Simplified the book information page, a great deal of information that was of interest only to librarians has been removed and the wording has been made clearer.

2. After conducting a search you are now told if a book is protected by copyright and will require your username and password to download from our servers.This notation will be in red lettering on the results page.

3. Added a new publication, Shelflist, this gives a list of the latest books which have been processed and are ready for download. Shelflist is formatted for printing and can be found at http://www.guidedogswa.org/library/shelflist/

We are working on the issue of download cost for books for users in Australia and New Zealand and hope to have this resolved soon.

Beyond Books Beyond Barriers library service of the Association for the Blind of Western Australia is a free service offering over 70,000 titles that can be produced into DAISY format upon request. Work in the public domain are accessible to the general public without a membership. Works protected by copy require that user be print disabled under the Copyright Act. An application to join our service can be found at http://www.guidedogswa.org/signup

Beyond Barriers library service it self is at http://www.guidedogswa.org/

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com