[Dtb-talk] FW: DAISY Planet for November 2011

David delta84 at cox.net
Mon Dec 5 06:54:25 UTC 2011

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrews, David B (DEED)
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:54 AM
To: Discussion of Digital Talking Books
Subject: [Dtb-talk] FW: DAISY Planet for November 2011

Dear Members, Friends and Supporters of DAISY,

The November 2011 issue of the DAISY Planet is published on the DAISY
website at: http://www.daisy.org/planet-2011-11.

There are 5 Feature articles in this issue of the DAISY Planet. The Bits &
Pieces column this month contains a great deal of information and is
therefore somewhat longer than it usually is.

The 15th anniversary series this month is Vision Australia. Many thanks to
Andrew Furlong for  writing the article "Vision Australia: Recollections of
a DAISY Producer". It contains quite a bit of history as well as information
about new developments at VA.

I've touched on the WIPO/SCCR23 meeting in the Letter from the Editor. The
conclusions will be reached at the end of this week and I plan to include a
feature article on the highlights and results to publish with the December
DAISY Planet.

The "Story" this month is the first of the two-part story from Dominique
Burger. If you have attended a CSUN Conference it is quite likely you will
have met Dominique. Thank you Dominique for sharing your story with us.

Please note that the December issue of our newsletter will be published
during the week of December 19 so that it will reach as many of you as
possible before the holiday season gets underway.

As always thanks to each of you for your suggestions, ideas and news for the
Planet. Letters to the Editor are always greatly appreciated.

Please forward this email to everyone you know who may be interested in
reading about DAISY, the DAISY Consortium and other topics of interest to
the DAISY community.

All members of our mailing lists receive "The DAISY Planet".

Kind regards to all,
Lynn
=======
Lynn Leith,