[Dtb-talk] Using BookWorm

Don Bomer (Tex) dbomer at txwinet.com
Thu Jan 20 18:37:51 UTC 2011

Hi David,

The actual name is "Daisy Bookworm" with Bookworm being one word.

I found your answer on a google Group called Mac Visionaries at
<http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries/browse_thread/thread/a6f1458fc42d6f39>
in a message fropm Greg Kearney who said:

"
I'll try and answer a few questions that have come up about Daisy Bookworm
for iPhone

iPhone Daisy Bookworm has a built in FTP server which you connect to and
then upload the book's directory to the phone using any FTP client on any
computer. Needless to say you need a wireless network to connect the phone
to. You do not need your own FTP server, Daisy Bookworm has a built in FTP
server.

Book compatibility:
Daisy Bookworm for iPhone will read any audio only and full text full audio
unencrypted DAISY book. This includes books from Association for the Blind
of Western Australia, Vision Australia, RNZFB, CNIB, RNIB, TPB and most
other world talking book libraries. It will not read NLS encrypted books. We
have asked the NLS about how to have these devices authorised but have yet
to receive any reply. We are working on RFB&D playback and text only DAISY
playback (Bookshare) in the next release.

Accessibility:
Daisy Bookworm for iPhone is fully accessible with VoiceOver screen reader.

iPad:
Daisy Bookworm is compatible with the Apple iPad.

Where do you get Daisy Bookworm
Daisy Bookworm will be available this summer from the iTunes App Store. It
will cost less than $5 when released.

Is this Voice of Daisy
No. Voice of Daisy or VOD is a different program from a different developer
in Japan.

Hope this clears things up.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kear... at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkear... at gmail.com