[Dtb-talk] Reader Reviews?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jul 16 15:37:03 UTC 2011

Hi.

First, while the BookSense has the best voice, it has a few quirks. (1)
there is no way to enter an arbitrary text search; one must search for the
word under the cursor. (2) I have found a Bookshare Daisy book that has
enough mark-up that the BookSense choked on it while the Victor Reader
Stream processed it just fine albeit after some wait. I should imagine this
is because the BookSense uses Windows CE whereas the Stream runs under Linux
which, I would assume, has better memory management/garbage collection. But
I like both players.

Mike