[Dtb-talk] PC Daisy Reader for Bookshare Books

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun May 15 18:00:34 UTC 2011

I recently downloaded a book in Daisy format from Bookshare. I opened it
with FSReader and found that I could not access the whole book. I presume
Bookshare is up to its usual trick of not quite conforming to Daisy or Niso
standards. I can put it on my Victor Reader Stream but would rather read
this one on a PC as it is computer-related.

What's a good PC Daisy reader that can handle the vagaries of reading
Bookshare books? Or will I have to download the .BRF version, not knowing if
it conforms to Computer Braille standards? Wish Bookshare still would
produce .HTML files.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Freeman