[Dtb-talk] Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:14:10 UTC 2011

Association for the Blind of Western Australia is introducing at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Perth in the coming weeks the idea of a Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative http://www.guidedogswa.org/cbtbc/

This project is open to open to any library, agency, school or other entity serving the blind, vision impaired or print disabled (dyslexia, etc.) operating with in the Commonwealth or organisations from nations or states with an historic, cultural or linguistic tie to Commonwealth such as the United States, Ireland, Zimbabwe, The Philippines etc. Membership is at no cost.

This project in no way should be viewed as a replacement for the work on a wider talking book treaty or the work of the WIPO which we fully support. We seek here to achive two goals:

1. Greater cooperation between talking book libraries in the Commonwealth.
2. Support for talking book libraries and users in developing nations within the Commonwealth.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com