[Dtb-talk] digital player information

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 20 16:16:19 UTC 2011

They are similar devices, they do many of the same things  -- they both have their strengths and weaknesses.  Personally I think the Stream is a better DAISY book player, its algorithms for speeding up a book without changing the pitch are better, and it has very good battery life, and is well thought out, and easy to use.  The Pocket is thinner and lighter, is probably a better recorder, and can now be connected for some things via Wifi.  I don't find it as easy to use, and battery life isn't as good, but smaller.

So, it depends on what is important to you!

Dave