[Dtb-talk] digital player information

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 20 20:05:08 UTC 2011

Steve I agree with what you say about the Book Sense.  I would add that its TTS is quite good better than Stream/Pocket/BookPort Plus, all of whom use Nuance Vocalizer, which is so-so at best.  The BS speaker is a little larger too.  Its drawbacks, for me are that it is confusing to use sometimes, you can see its window origins, it is like a collection of apps on one machine, and some controls on side, some on top, so it isn't as intuitive or integrated as Stream.  Also, with some readers, I could speed up a little more than BS allows me to do.

Finally, I do like its clock and alarm.  Humanware says the current Stream does not have the proper hardware to add those features.  \

Dave