[Dtb-talk] digital player information

Eric SS sseric57 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:29:02 UTC 2011

Steve, I sure agree with you re: the convenience of a clock on the
BookSense. It seems like such a little thing, but it is interesting how
useful it becomes once you have it. I guess it makes up for the fact we
can't just glance around us and find the time displayed somewhere on about
anything in our homes/office, etc.

I noted this to HIMS, but not sure if they pay attention to such
suggestions; they certainly didn't acknowledge my comment. I don't think
anyone needs to know the day, month and year when they are checking the time
on a book reader. At least they do not precede the time announcement with a
beep or buzz or ring. No idea why most time makers add that little
annoyance. If I push the button, I should be expecting the time
announcement, hence, I do not need a tone warning me it is a bout to be
spoken.

I posted my BookSense for sale just a few weeks after purchasing it, but did
not get any takers. So, I have been using it more and am getting quite used
to its little quirks and do appreciate the size. One thing to those
considering a purchase without putting your hands on a device, they say the
BookSense has stereo speakers. Really? Cell phone manufacturers have shown
they can do some pretty remarkable things with small speakers, so it puzzles
me why the readers all have such poor speaker output. But, most of my
reading is via headphones, so I don't give the sound quality much weight.

P.s. To those with suggestions about batching unzipping files, many thanks
to all of you.

Eric