[Dtb-talk] digital player information

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Sep 21 15:24:31 UTC 2011

I did also have a headphone jack go bad on me, on a
Stream.  Unfortunately, the jack is soldered directly to the circuit
board, so it isn't easy or cheap to fix, I ended up buying
another.  As I recall, there were some bad jacks near the beginning
of the Stream as well.

Also, I may have accidently contributed to the problem, so I tell you
this as a way of providing some advice.  If you use an earphone that
has a right angle plug, that is it comes out from the jack, and takes
a 90 degree turn, then depending on how you grip the Stream when you
turn it on, you may be pushing the power button on one side, and
against the earphone plug on the other side.  They are pretty much
across from each other, so this is a natural grip, but probably puts
undue pressure on jack, hastening its demise.  So, now, when I turn
on the stream I make sure I am touching the machine, not the headphone plug.

Dave